You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF cover not displaying correctly in books app

I have a book in PDF that the cover displays perfectly in the library view of the books app (version 2.4) on my Mac, yet when I transfer it to my iPad Pro, running the latest version of the books app, it crops the cover by about 1/3 vertically, is there a way to correct this?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 5:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 11:44 AM

I have found a solution.

I was fairly certain the issue was something with the cover art page size being slightly larger than the rest of the pages. I don't pay for Acrobat Pro. So I went looking for a free solution. I can't speak to the security of this, I was working with published books in PDF format.

Go to: https://pdf2doc.com/

There should be a series of tabs above the upload panel. Each one edits the source PDF in a different way. Look for the "Crop PDF" tab and upload/download your document. The newly downloaded file should display correctly on your iPad.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2023 11:44 AM in response to PandtRust

I have found a solution.

I was fairly certain the issue was something with the cover art page size being slightly larger than the rest of the pages. I don't pay for Acrobat Pro. So I went looking for a free solution. I can't speak to the security of this, I was working with published books in PDF format.

Go to: https://pdf2doc.com/

There should be a series of tabs above the upload panel. Each one edits the source PDF in a different way. Look for the "Crop PDF" tab and upload/download your document. The newly downloaded file should display correctly on your iPad.

PDF cover not displaying correctly in books app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.