You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimize Sidebar in Messages on iPad

How do I minimize the sidebar in Messages on an iPad?

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 11:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 3:12 AM

The Messages App window has two elements - the message list (to the left) and the conversion window (to the right). When referring to the “sidebar”, I presume you refer to the message list.

There are no settings to control the appearance of elements within the Messages App window. The message list cannot be suppressed from view.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2023 3:12 AM in response to mundox

The Messages App window has two elements - the message list (to the left) and the conversion window (to the right). When referring to the “sidebar”, I presume you refer to the message list.

There are no settings to control the appearance of elements within the Messages App window. The message list cannot be suppressed from view.

Jan 13, 2023 3:52 AM in response to LotusPilot

The Messages App window has two elements - the message list (to the left) and the conversation window (to the right). When referring to the “sidebar”, I presume you refer to the message list.

Minimize Sidebar in Messages on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.