You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see my Time Machine backup files?

Hi, everyone. I had an iMac i5 and I had a Time Machine backup. Now it is broken and I have bought a MacBook M2 so I've decide to recover the Time Machine files. I saw that there are it a lot files. So, I've decided to deleted some back up directories (first 10 back up that I've ever done, so NOT ALL). Now I see the latest folders (lastest backups that I've done), but the only files there are it, is the files in the Download directory.

I think it is impossible to recover the other one files (beacuse in the Time Machine there are only 20GB, but it should be contain 200GB), but I want to know why this is happened

Thanks in advance.

Teorx78

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 5:42 AM

Manually deleting Time Machine files on the drive will tend to corrupt the backup.

Similar questions

2 replies

Why can't I see my Time Machine backup files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.