You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos quit unexpectedly

I have created many slideshows with my photos, videos and music.

However, one I just created and tried to export to desktop did not export the slideshow with

the music and issued a "photos quit unexpectedly."

What can I do to correct this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 8:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 12:05 PM

That's weird. So try to narrow things down:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Repair your Photos Library--close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

The idea is to find out if the problem is with the Library, with your account, or with caches and login items, and stuff like that. One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2023 12:05 PM in response to campmimi

That's weird. So try to narrow things down:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Repair your Photos Library--close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

The idea is to find out if the problem is with the Library, with your account, or with caches and login items, and stuff like that. One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

Jan 13, 2023 11:15 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

I have tried it at least four times, and the same thing happens. No music is recorded.

I made another slideshow at the same time, and it worked perfectly.

This is the first time it has happened when creating a slideshow.

I have used the same music on other slideshows and I checked to make sure all photos/videos are in my library.

This particular one is a Christmas slideshow. The second one that worked was a skiing slideshow.

Jan 17, 2023 2:44 PM in response to Richard.Taylor

Thank you for your suggestions. I did all but the "start in safe mode" with no change. However, I decided to re-construct my slideshow, using the same photos and music, and I was at last successful. There must have been a glitch somehow in the original slideshow although I couldn't tell. So I am now happy and do appreciate your help.

Thank You.

photos quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.