You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone service period will expire on December 13, 2023

Hello! I bought an iPhone 14 pro in Israel on January 16, 2023. but when checking the warranty for this device, it was said that the service period will expire on December 13, 2023. that is, 11 months and not 12. I did not insert a SIM card into the device, but when I checked it, I did not see an inscription that the device was not yet activated. I was scammed at the store?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM

valentyn,

If you think a mistake has been made then you should contact Apple. See this document --> Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

To update your information contact Apple Support by phone. Tell the advisor that you need help with your Apple Limited Warranty or AppleCare plan expiration date.

Here’s what you need when you call:

- Your AppleCare agreement number

- The device serial number

- Your sales receipt

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Community User

valentyn,

If you think a mistake has been made then you should contact Apple. See this document --> Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

To update your information contact Apple Support by phone. Tell the advisor that you need help with your Apple Limited Warranty or AppleCare plan expiration date.

Here’s what you need when you call:

- Your AppleCare agreement number

- The device serial number

- Your sales receipt

Jan 16, 2023 2:59 PM in response to valentyn82

If the package was sealed when you bought it, then this indicates that an error has occurred. Apple Support can help with warranty issues, you just need to be able to show proof of when it was purchased. Of course, you should not have 11, but 12 months warranty.

If the package was NOT sealed, you must contact where you bought it. The warranty usually starts on the day the phone is activated for the first time. Perhaps you have received a phone that another customer has returned.

Contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jan 16, 2023 3:22 PM in response to Community User

Legal - iOS Warranty Document Us - Apple

WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?

Apple Inc. of One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, California, U.S.A. 95014 (“Apple”) warrants the Apple-branded iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV or HomePod hardware product and the Apple-branded accessories contained in the original packaging (“Apple Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period").

Manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers, other than Apple, may provide their own warranties to you – please contact them for further information.

Jan 16, 2023 3:04 PM in response to Community User

If the phone was bought on the gray market or secondhand, I believe the warranty starts when the phone was actually purchased from Apple or an official Apple retailer, not when activated. Realize that not all stores are officially recognized by Apple but they may still arrange for bulk purchase of devices from somebody who is. The warranty starts when that official retailer sells the device.

Jan 16, 2023 3:09 PM in response to Limnos

My experience, and I have bought a LOT of iPhones and other Apple equipment, is that when the phone is activated for the first time - the warranty starts. I have never experienced turning on a new iPhone and seeing a date that is before the day I bought the product.

Jan 16, 2023 3:25 PM in response to Kurtosis12

I have never experienced anything other than that the warranty has started the day I have switched on the phone first time.

Last year I bought an iPhone 13 as a Christmas present for my wife - i bought it at the end of November, and gave it to her for Christmas (24 December) - as we were busy in the days after Christmas. We first opened the box and started the phone on 28 December, on her phone the warranty is as started on 28 December in Settings -> General -> About.

I am happy to share a screenshot of the screen on her phone, as well as the original receipt. if you find it necessary.

Jan 16, 2023 3:29 PM in response to Limnos

It probably means that the phone is activated on 28 December - even though it was bought over a month before. The activation and the start of the guarantee, as you can see in "About", probably go hand in hand.

Where else can you find the date of activation?

iPhone service period will expire on December 13, 2023

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.