You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud Family Sharing

I have 5G of storage on ICloud and my wife pays for 50GB of storage. How can we both share her storage?

iPad, 16

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 8:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 8:40 PM

Aquula Said:

"ICloud Family Sharing: I have 5G of storage on ICloud and my wife pays for 50GB of storage. How can we both share her storage?"

-------

Troubleshooting File Sharing:

A. About Internal Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support.

B. Using Family Storage:

Using your own accounts, you can share items through use of Family Sharing. Learn More here: Family Sharing - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 8:40 PM in response to Aquula

Aquula Said:

"ICloud Family Sharing: I have 5G of storage on ICloud and my wife pays for 50GB of storage. How can we both share her storage?"

-------

Troubleshooting File Sharing:

A. About Internal Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support.

B. Using Family Storage:

Using your own accounts, you can share items through use of Family Sharing. Learn More here: Family Sharing - Apple

ICloud Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.