You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my Gmail account

I lost all my contacts and my gmail

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 8:44 AM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2023 1:52 PM in response to Ginadunlap

Hello Ginadunlap,

If the contacts you're missing are attached to the Gmail account, this is expected. To recover your contacts, you'll need to access the Gmail account.

It's unclear based on your post how the account was "lost." If you forgot your username or password, the steps in How to recover your Google Account or Gmail may help.

For additional help with recovering your account, you'll want to contact support for Gmail directly here: Google Account Help

Once you have access to the Gmail account, you can add it back to the iPhone using the steps in Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

1. "Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  2. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
  3. Enter your email address and password.
  4. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
  5. If you see Save, tap Save."

Once your account is added, Use other contact accounts on iPhone has steps to enable Contacts for your Google account.

Take care!

I lost my Gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.