You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 16.2

I recently updated my iPad to OS 16.2. Big mistake. I don't mind Apple suggesting a few new features. I resent them being shoved down my throat.

I am not happy about my apps being jumbled across several screens (I had them where I wanted for them for a reason). but eventually, I guess I can get that straightened out. My biggest complaint is the widgets that have been plastered on top of my home page, including one that seems to indicate the moon phase - Seriously? I can remove these widgets, but the next time I shut down and restart my iPad, they are right back again. How can I permanently delete these widgets, so that I can return to a home page of my choice? Thanks for any and all help.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 3:09 PM

Hey Whitpet14,

We'd recommend reviewing this article as it provides options for removing and editing widgets: Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

"Edit your widgets

Some widgets allow you to customize their content. Here’s how:

1. Touch and hold a widget to open the quick actions menu.
  2. Tap Edit Widget .
  3. Make your changes, then tap outside of the widget.

iPad screen showing the Reminders widget options

You can also rearrange your widgets. Touch and hold a widget until it jiggles, then move the widget to where you want it to go. As you move the widget, apps and other widgets on your Home Screen rearrange to make room for it.

To delete a widget, touch and hold it, then tap Remove Widget. Tap Remove to confirm."

Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2023 3:09 PM in response to Whitpet14

Hey Whitpet14,

We'd recommend reviewing this article as it provides options for removing and editing widgets: Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

"Edit your widgets

Some widgets allow you to customize their content. Here’s how:

1. Touch and hold a widget to open the quick actions menu.
  2. Tap Edit Widget .
  3. Make your changes, then tap outside of the widget.

iPad screen showing the Reminders widget options

You can also rearrange your widgets. Touch and hold a widget until it jiggles, then move the widget to where you want it to go. As you move the widget, apps and other widgets on your Home Screen rearrange to make room for it.

To delete a widget, touch and hold it, then tap Remove Widget. Tap Remove to confirm."

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2023 6:27 AM in response to Whitpet14

UPDATE- FWIW, this seems to have been a self-correcting issue. A few days ago, these widgets were gone on start-up, hopefully never to return. Thus far, I have been thru numerous start-ups with good results. I am never ashamed to claim operator error, but as far as I know, I did nothing to cause them to appear, and nothing to cause them to disappear. At this point, all is well within the Apple world. Thanks for listening to me whine...

Jan 24, 2023 6:30 AM in response to WinsC1

Thanks for your feedback. When they appeared on start-up, I had no problems deleting them, but they always reappeared the next time I started it up. Regardless, this seems to have been a self-correcting problem. I posted an update below, but thru no genius of my own, after several days, the widgets were gone, hopefully never to reappear. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

iPadOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.