You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

earseing flash drives failed

Erasing “flash drive” (disk4s1) and creating “flash drive” Preparing to erase APFS Volume content Checking mount state Erasing APFS Volume disk4s1 by deleting and re-adding Deleting APFS Volume from its APFS Container Unmounting disk4s1 Erasing any xART session referenced by 127F3693-5302-4729-96F9-0DE2E221848E Deleting Volume Removing any Preboot and Recovery Directories Preparing to add APFS Volume to APFS Container disk4 Creating APFS Volume An internal error has occurred. : (-69624) Operation failed… how do i fix this

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 9:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 4:33 PM

wendelyn274 wrote:

Erasing “flash drive” (disk4s1) and creating “flash drive” Preparing to erase APFS Volume content Checking mount state Erasing APFS Volume disk4s1 by deleting and re-adding Deleting APFS Volume from its APFS Container Unmounting disk4s1 Erasing any xART session referenced by 127F3693-5302-4729-96F9-0DE2E221848E Deleting Volume Removing any Preboot and Recovery Directories Preparing to add APFS Volume to APFS Container disk4 Creating APFS Volume An internal error has occurred. : (-69624) Operation failed… how do i fix this

?

Is this internal or an external "flash drive"...(?)

The numbering scheme is relative not absolute— so I have no idea what "disk4s1" is for you.

however from Terminal.app you can see both for the big picture, copy and paste:

diskutil list

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 4:33 PM in response to wendelyn274

wendelyn274 wrote:

?

Is this internal or an external "flash drive"...(?)

The numbering scheme is relative not absolute— so I have no idea what "disk4s1" is for you.

however from Terminal.app you can see both for the big picture, copy and paste:

diskutil list

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

earseing flash drives failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.