You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring purchases with family sharing

My daughter originally made all Toca World in app purchases under my apple id on her iPad. We reset her iPad with her own apple ID and I set up family sharing. When in Toca World, if you scroll to bottom of store, there is a button to restore purchases. My daughter gets an error when trying to do this. I downloaded the app on my phone and performed the same scenerio as above and it worked. How or Can we restore these purchases under her apple id when we are supposed to be able to share all purchases with family sharing?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 11:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 11:38 AM

You cannot restore the in-app purchases under her Apple ID. They are tied to the Apple ID that was used to purchase them. In-app purchases cannot be shared.

See this for more information.

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

1 reply

restoring purchases with family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.