You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.2 causing phones to overheat

Ever since I updated my iOS to 16.2 it’s been overheating seriously. I thought it was just me until I asked my other friends and they confirmed it. Please fix the BUG!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 1:39 PM

It is not a bug. If it was mine would overheat also. It is a problem with your phone, and the apps that are using more data than usual. And let's define overheating: An overheating iPhone will shut down and display a message saying it will remain off until it cools down. If you are seeing this your phone has a hardware problem. if you are not seeing it, the iPhone is not overheating.

What to do about it: FIRST, if you have a VPN app and profile installed, delete them both. If that fixes the problem you can try reinstalling the VPN, and the problem may or may not recur.

Next, go to Settings/Battery and see which app or apps are using the most energy, and deal with those apps. Start by deleting the app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 1:39 PM in response to Big_Maks

It is not a bug. If it was mine would overheat also. It is a problem with your phone, and the apps that are using more data than usual. And let's define overheating: An overheating iPhone will shut down and display a message saying it will remain off until it cools down. If you are seeing this your phone has a hardware problem. if you are not seeing it, the iPhone is not overheating.

What to do about it: FIRST, if you have a VPN app and profile installed, delete them both. If that fixes the problem you can try reinstalling the VPN, and the problem may or may not recur.

Next, go to Settings/Battery and see which app or apps are using the most energy, and deal with those apps. Start by deleting the app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling it.

iOS 16.2 causing phones to overheat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.