You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing apple id email

I changed my apple id sign-in email from a cox email to a gmail. I verified it and everything, but it's still showing my old email address under my photo. Not sure what to do.

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 1:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 7:48 PM

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.     *

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 7:48 PM in response to kbjete

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.     *

changing apple id email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.