You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not making sound when I get messages when I have my watch on

How can I get my iPhone to sound for texts when I have my watch series 7 on?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 1:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:19 AM

This is the way that Apple designed notifications to work when a watch is being worn.

The only way to undo it is to shut off "Wrist Detection" but then you'll lose a bunch of features and your watch will NOT be secure.

This design is not a "one size fits all" feature. You'll need to fill out and submit this form requesting that they give users a toggle setting.

Feedback - Watch - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2023 6:19 AM in response to gkdono

This is the way that Apple designed notifications to work when a watch is being worn.

The only way to undo it is to shut off "Wrist Detection" but then you'll lose a bunch of features and your watch will NOT be secure.

This design is not a "one size fits all" feature. You'll need to fill out and submit this form requesting that they give users a toggle setting.

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Jan 19, 2023 7:55 AM in response to gkdono

While we wait for the ability to toggle the notifications, try checking this setting:

From your phone, go into your My Watch app. Then click on Sounds & Haptics.

In the "Haptics" category, there's a toggle for turning on and off Haptic Alerts (I'm sure that it's already on). Right below that toggle you have a choice between "Default" and "Prominent". Throw a checkmark on Prominent if it isn't already checked.

Past that, that's all we can do while we wait.

iPhone not making sound when I get messages when I have my watch on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.