You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a iPhone that was lock to someone iCloud now it says lock to owner how can I get it unlocked

I bought a iPhone that was lock to owner iCloud how can I unlock it

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 9:59 PM

Seems only the previous owner would be able to unlock it.

If you know the previous owner, you might want to get them to prepare it properly for you to use. Apple support has an article online (link below) to help with that:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Else: You might want to return the phone to the seller, and request a refund.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2023 9:59 PM in response to Chris2005zzz

Seems only the previous owner would be able to unlock it.

If you know the previous owner, you might want to get them to prepare it properly for you to use. Apple support has an article online (link below) to help with that:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Else: You might want to return the phone to the seller, and request a refund.

I bought a iPhone that was lock to someone iCloud now it says lock to owner how can I get it unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.