You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini stereo pair disconnecting

Hi I’ve been having an issue with my HomePod minis (I have 3).

2 of them I’ve set up as a pair, and from time to time one of them disconnects, or starts playing something simultaneously to the other one. When I try to touch it it says “sure I’ll play something that you like” and starts with my playlist.

I thought this is an issue with one of my 3 homepods, so I changed it with other one but the issue still appears, no matter which HomePod is setup as a pair.

I also did channel switching, unpairing, and software updates.

what might be the case?

please help it’s super annoying, and all of them are expired in terms of warranty.

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 12:04 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 23, 2023 1:45 PM in response to discoteo

Hello discoteo,

We'd like to share some guidance that can assist you in resolving the behavior you're experiencing with your HomePod mini. To start, review the following user guide. While simple it is the least invasive place to start with your device: Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

Should the behavior persist, ungroup your stereo pair and attempt resetting your HomePod: Reset HomePod - Apple Support

"Reset HomePod with the Home app

1. Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
  2. Tap or click HomePod.
  3. Select the Settings icon  or scroll down to HomePod settings.
  4. Select Reset HomePod.
  5. Select Reset."

Cheers.

Homepod mini stereo pair disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.