You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bright images appear dark on timeline

I am making a quick video. The videos were HDR taken with iPhone. I have set up my project with the color range recommended for HDR. I want to have a still image in the project that I have added as a background for part of the longer video. It is just a photo taken with my iPhone and the info for the jpeg says it is in the RGB colorspace. When I add it to my project library, it looks fine. When I drag it to my timeline, it looks fine sitting there in the timeline. However, when I play my project, it is way too dark. Running current and updated MacOS. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

iMac

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:07 AM

The JPEG is in SDR color space. You can use the color correction tools to brighten it.

3 replies

Bright images appear dark on timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.