You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages crashes when I export to Word or to .PDF. Any fix?

Mac Studio, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 9:25 AM

Confirm that the version of Pages is v12.2.1 on Ventura 13.1 via a Get Info on the Pages application icon. Sometimes, a quick fix is to quit Pages, reboot the Mac, and press the shift key while launching Pages again. This prevents it from reading its last saved execution state, and may avoid another crash.

If it persists after the first paragraph, and especially if you are using any third-party Mac cleaning (or anti-virus) software, it may have removed an internal component of Pages, and you would need to move the application to the Trash, empty the Trash, and reinstall Pages from the Mac App Store. Then, test if the crashing problem remains. I never install these unncessary cleaning applications and never use anti-virus software.

If still a crashing issue, I would recommend booting your Mac Studio into Safe Boot mode (different procedure than Intel process) testing if Pages crashes there, and then a normal reboot — followed by the first paragraph shift key procedure on the next launch.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2023 9:25 AM in response to Paul Dupuy

Confirm that the version of Pages is v12.2.1 on Ventura 13.1 via a Get Info on the Pages application icon. Sometimes, a quick fix is to quit Pages, reboot the Mac, and press the shift key while launching Pages again. This prevents it from reading its last saved execution state, and may avoid another crash.

If it persists after the first paragraph, and especially if you are using any third-party Mac cleaning (or anti-virus) software, it may have removed an internal component of Pages, and you would need to move the application to the Trash, empty the Trash, and reinstall Pages from the Mac App Store. Then, test if the crashing problem remains. I never install these unncessary cleaning applications and never use anti-virus software.

If still a crashing issue, I would recommend booting your Mac Studio into Safe Boot mode (different procedure than Intel process) testing if Pages crashes there, and then a normal reboot — followed by the first paragraph shift key procedure on the next launch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.