You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Name change. Need new apple email and not lose everything!

Hi!

Surely Apple has realized that it is a fact of life that people change their names (marriage, divorce, preferrence). There must be a process to do this without losing everything!?!

So, what are the steps?

1) I need a new apple email address

2) I need to switch my apple id to my new apple email address

3) I need to not lose everything (contacts, calendar, iMessages, emails) in the switch over

Help please!

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 9:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:19 AM

Hello shaase,

It appears your questions are mostly related to changing your Apple ID email address. Here's how you do that:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You cannot change your primary account address if it is an iCloud address. You can use an alias for email. Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you really dislike your current iCloud address then your only option may be to create a different account, but that would entail losing everything associated with the old account. You are welcome, though, to see if Apple will change your iCloud email address thoguh I have never seen anybody mention being able to do that. To contact Apple, click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2023 6:19 AM in response to shaase22

Hello shaase,

It appears your questions are mostly related to changing your Apple ID email address. Here's how you do that:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You cannot change your primary account address if it is an iCloud address. You can use an alias for email. Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you really dislike your current iCloud address then your only option may be to create a different account, but that would entail losing everything associated with the old account. You are welcome, though, to see if Apple will change your iCloud email address thoguh I have never seen anybody mention being able to do that. To contact Apple, click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jan 22, 2023 10:03 PM in response to shaase22

I suggest you contact Apple Support using the link at the bottom left of every page of these forums. They would be the best resource for this.

Email addresses don’t need to match the name you’re currently using and don’t need to be change should you change your name. I’ve never used my actual name as a personal email address at all.

Name change. Need new apple email and not lose everything!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.