You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper cuts off image tops on new MacBook Air M2 2022

Other versions of MacBook Pro & Air allowed for centering an image or have a background for the images. Now this one shows very zoomed in versions of the image that leaves off everyone's head when I use my own photos as images.

Since I'm letting it rotate through my favorites I'm not going to go through and resize every image to guess what the system will do with it and try to compensate. Is there any way to center or reduce what the OS does with them?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 4:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:02 PM

Wallpaper didn't allowed me to manipulate the pictures at all (it updated to 13.2 so that may have helped), until i chose one specific image and tried to manipulate it. I had originally chosen to rotate through all the images without ever having chosen one specific image. Once I chose an image, I was then shown the image name and the toggle between fill/fit/stretch/center was then activated.

Before it just said "picture" as a generic place holder with a static "fill/fit/stretch/center" box that wouldn't drop down. For those of us who choose to randomly rotate through ALL the pics it might help to have a separate selection of how to modify the desktop pic when choosing to all vs. one or just a notice to choose one first and then select all. It eventually uses that selection for the one image as a default for all of them as a collection to rotate through.

"Modify the desktop picture’s arrangement or dimensions: choose an option from the pop-up menu at the top of Wallpaper settings. Options include Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, Stretch to Fill Screen, Center, and more."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 8:02 PM in response to Gena_D

Wallpaper didn't allowed me to manipulate the pictures at all (it updated to 13.2 so that may have helped), until i chose one specific image and tried to manipulate it. I had originally chosen to rotate through all the images without ever having chosen one specific image. Once I chose an image, I was then shown the image name and the toggle between fill/fit/stretch/center was then activated.

Before it just said "picture" as a generic place holder with a static "fill/fit/stretch/center" box that wouldn't drop down. For those of us who choose to randomly rotate through ALL the pics it might help to have a separate selection of how to modify the desktop pic when choosing to all vs. one or just a notice to choose one first and then select all. It eventually uses that selection for the one image as a default for all of them as a collection to rotate through.

"Modify the desktop picture’s arrangement or dimensions: choose an option from the pop-up menu at the top of Wallpaper settings. Options include Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, Stretch to Fill Screen, Center, and more."

Jan 24, 2023 6:49 PM in response to KJCO

Hello KJCO,

This article explains all the ways you can adjust and alter the background image on your Mac desktop: Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support. This specific section may offer some help with the scaling issues you are encountering:

• "Modify the desktop picture’s arrangement or dimensions: choose an option from the pop-up menu at the top of Wallpaper settings. Options include Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, Stretch to Fill Screen, Center, and more."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all. Take care.

Wallpaper cuts off image tops on new MacBook Air M2 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.