You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9th gen iPad Fitness App

Why am I unable to download the fitness app on my 9th gen iPad? It is updated to the latest iOS 16.3 and is listed under supported devices, but the fitness app page states that "This app requires specific features not available on this device"

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 11:24 AM

Had the same problem and ultimately worked out the issue with apple support. It seems you need to be logged into the App store with an Apple ID that owns an Apple watch. My wife does not have a watch and could not see the fitness app when searching in the App store from her ipad; from a link in the fitness+ pages she got to the app with the same greyed out "not available on this device" message. I used my Apple ID (which does have a watch linked to it) from her ipad and was able to search for the fitness app and download it. The app seems to work even after I logged my ID out of the app store. Hopefully you have someone with a watch who can download the app for you with their Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2023 11:24 AM in response to Mars_Stroller

Had the same problem and ultimately worked out the issue with apple support. It seems you need to be logged into the App store with an Apple ID that owns an Apple watch. My wife does not have a watch and could not see the fitness app when searching in the App store from her ipad; from a link in the fitness+ pages she got to the app with the same greyed out "not available on this device" message. I used my Apple ID (which does have a watch linked to it) from her ipad and was able to search for the fitness app and download it. The app seems to work even after I logged my ID out of the app store. Hopefully you have someone with a watch who can download the app for you with their Apple ID.

Jan 25, 2023 12:49 PM in response to Mars_Stroller

Howdy Mars_Stroller,

It sounds like you are unable to use the Fitness app on your iPad. We know how important this is for you, and we will help get you to the right place to find a resolution.

Have you tried a normal restart of the device? This simple step can resolve issues like this. How to Restart your iPad.

If you need continued assistance, then please reach out to the Apple support team via this link: Get Support.

Take Care!

9th gen iPad Fitness App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.