You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange dot

While on a call with the orange dot showing, I cannot be heard by the other person intermittently. So far I have understood that the dot is normal when using the cell phone. So I guess there is something wrong with the cell network or is another app taking over the mic? Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:51 AM

Restart the iPhone. If problems persist, contact Apple Support.

Use the Support link in the lower left corner of this webpage, snd chat or call Apple, as available.

The orange dot (sometimes red, depending on the background) is nor al and expected when the microphone is in use by an app, and the Phone app needs to use the microphone, which means the orange dot will be shown.

This dot is independent of whatever cellular connectivity or device hardware issues might be arising here.

This also might be an issue with the recipient’s network or device, if this arises with a specific user.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 11:51 AM in response to primetc

Restart the iPhone. If problems persist, contact Apple Support.

Use the Support link in the lower left corner of this webpage, snd chat or call Apple, as available.

The orange dot (sometimes red, depending on the background) is nor al and expected when the microphone is in use by an app, and the Phone app needs to use the microphone, which means the orange dot will be shown.

This dot is independent of whatever cellular connectivity or device hardware issues might be arising here.

This also might be an issue with the recipient’s network or device, if this arises with a specific user.

Orange dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.