You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail inline attachments in Ventura

I used Terminal to disable inline attachments in Mail and it worked but now I'm having these problems particularly with JPG and PNG files:

1) clients on Windows machines can’t view JPG or PNG attachments. 2) I can’t view JPG or PNG attachments on my iPhone when sent from my Mac Studio – I see icons that look like a white page with two blue rectangles with rounded corners but they won’t open. Also, if I send a JPG attachment to myself and view it in Mail on my Mac Studio running Ventura 13.1, I can view the attachment but there is also an extra white document attachment every time.

Anyone else having these issues or know what I can do to resolve this?

I need to turn inline attachments off so that I can send files to clients without them being embedded in the email body. And turning them off using the command in Terminal used to always work perfectly until this new machine running Ventura.

Mac Studio

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 4:31 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 1, 2023 2:48 AM in response to nsanegrafx

Not sure what the machine is experiencing is Directly related " my Mac Studio running Ventura 13.1,"

The current stable Version of Venture is now version 13.2.1

Links below specific to keeping the computer up to date

There have been several Bug and Security fixes included in 13.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.2.1 - Apple Support (CA)

Mail inline attachments in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.