You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Email In sent folder

Ever since I signed into my Hotmail account on the mail app on my M2 Air, whenever I send an Email it will appear twice in the sent folder.

Even if I now send emails from my windows pc through outlook it continues to have duplicate sent mail.

I have sent test emails to myself luckily I receive only one, but it is quite annoying to have double in the sent folder

Looking at other threads this seems to be an issue people have had over the years but I have not found a solution that works with this current OS

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:54 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jan 25, 2023 5:03 AM in response to Bran_916

Bran_916 wrote:

Ever since I signed into my Hotmail account on the mail app on my M2 Air, whenever I send an Email it will appear twice in the sent folder.

Even if I now send emails from my windows pc through outlook it continues to have duplicate sent mail.

I have sent test emails to myself luckily I receive only one, but it is quite annoying to have double in the sent folder

Looking at other threads this seems to be an issue people have had over the years but I have not found a solution that works with this current OS

ref: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/156400/mail-client-sending-duplicate-replies

For problem accounts—

the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

ref: Duplicate Sent Emails - Apple Community

Jan 25, 2023 3:23 AM in response to Bran_916

User wrote " Ever since I signed into my Hotmail account on the mail app on my M2 Air, whenever I send an Email it will appear twice in the sent folder.

Even if I now send emails from my windows pc through outlook it continues to have duplicate sent mail. "

Then, based upon the the above statements, this appears to be an issue Only the E-Mail Provider can correct.

Jan 25, 2023 4:34 AM in response to Bran_916

Perhaps I was not clear enough 😔 the first time.

The user is experiencing the Same Issue on 2 computers.

The " same Issue " is presented on an Apple Computer running macOS.

The exact " same Issue " is presented on a Microsoft Windows computer.

Both computers are using " the same " e-mail server, " Hotmail account ".

It would be reasonable to conclude is that the Real Issue is Hotmail and not macOS or Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 7.

Jan 25, 2023 4:42 AM in response to PRP_53

I understand what you are saying.

But the issue has never been present using windows for years until I suddenly used it on my mac.

The only other thing I could think it could be is that when creating the mac account it now classes the email and then the "contact" as two separate entities which is causing the double send from the same email as both have the same email but different "contact names"

I will have a play around with hotmail settings regarless to see if that fixes the issue

Jan 25, 2023 4:54 AM in response to Bran_916

User wrote " But the issue has never been present using windows for years until I suddenly used it on my Mac."

If I read between the lines ( am not a Mind Reader - yet ) - is the user saying they have used Boot Camp to install a Windows Operations System in a Separate Partition on the Apple Computer and then Installed Windows 11 / 10.

Double Email In sent folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.