You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings

I can’t update my ID settings. When I enter my Apple ID Password, I get the following message.

verification failed. There was an error connecting to the Apple server

Also, when I try to confirm my iPhone passcode, I’m asked for my Apple ID passcode. When I enter it I then get the same message

Help please

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 5:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:11 AM

A "Verification Failed" message is used in various scenarios which could be either a communication issue, or a problem with your account. See if the suggestions in this document help: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Check you have a good internet connection.

Check Apple's servers status Apple - Support - System Status

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2023 6:11 AM in response to Carolchris

A "Verification Failed" message is used in various scenarios which could be either a communication issue, or a problem with your account. See if the suggestions in this document help: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Check you have a good internet connection.

Check Apple's servers status Apple - Support - System Status

Update Apple ID Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.