You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications silenced but messaged isn’t being delivered

Ok have a question…

one of my contacts when I go to text him it says “notifications are silenced”

however, after I send the message..it never says “delivered” underneath. The message is in blue so I’m confused.

am I blocked?

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 3:47 PM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2023 4:44 PM in response to fiddlestix1234

Hello fiddlestix1234,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like he has the Do Not Disturb feature enabled since he's seeing that notification.

He can verify his settings are correct with these steps:

"Change your Do Not Disturb settings

If you don't want to be disturbed at a certain time, you can set a schedule and change other Do Not Disturb features to help you concentrate.

1. Go to Settings > Focus.
  2. Tap Do Not Disturb.
  3. You can select allowed or silenced notifications from people and apps, connect your Lock Screen or Home Screen, have this Focus turn on automatically, and add Focus filters."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps quickly isolate and resolve the issue with the notifications being silenced.

Cheers!

Notifications silenced but messaged isn’t being delivered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.