You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music bought but disapears

Why does my music keep dissapearing from my Apple Library. I keep buying songs and after a year or two I want to put them in a playlist and they are nowhere to be found. I thought once you bought the song it was legally yours?

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 10:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:01 PM

pepperfox55 Said:

"Music bought but disapears: Why does my music keep dissapearing from my Apple Library. I keep buying songs and after a year or two I want to put them in a playlist and they are nowhere to be found. I thought once you bought the song it was legally yours?"

-------

Troubleshooting Purchase Music Disappearing...

Three Reasons may Include:

• Removed from iTunes Library?:

Sometimes, items become removed from the iTunes library, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

• Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become Hidden Purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

• Is this the Same Apple Account?:

If these were purchased from Apple, and yet from another Apple Account, then the will not be accessible from this Apple Account. As of the date if this reply, Apple Accounts cannot be merged.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2023 11:01 PM in response to pepperfox55

pepperfox55 Said:

"Music bought but disapears: Why does my music keep dissapearing from my Apple Library. I keep buying songs and after a year or two I want to put them in a playlist and they are nowhere to be found. I thought once you bought the song it was legally yours?"

-------

Troubleshooting Purchase Music Disappearing...

Three Reasons may Include:

• Removed from iTunes Library?:

Sometimes, items become removed from the iTunes library, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

• Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become Hidden Purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

• Is this the Same Apple Account?:

If these were purchased from Apple, and yet from another Apple Account, then the will not be accessible from this Apple Account. As of the date if this reply, Apple Accounts cannot be merged.

Music bought but disapears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.