You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I deregister an old phone number from my account if I don’t have access to that number anymore.

Is it possible to deregister an old phone number from my account if I don’t have access to that number anymore?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 8:48 AM

I understand that you do not have the phone number anymore. Try the information listed in this guide published by Apple 👉 Add or remove a phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

Furthermore, if you have an active Apple ID associated with that old phone number, then you can open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your name at top) ➡️ Name, Phone Numbers, Email ➡️ Find the Phone Number: Here, tap on the Red Minus sign and remove that number.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2023 8:48 AM in response to Axel Foley

I understand that you do not have the phone number anymore. Try the information listed in this guide published by Apple 👉 Add or remove a phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

Furthermore, if you have an active Apple ID associated with that old phone number, then you can open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your name at top) ➡️ Name, Phone Numbers, Email ➡️ Find the Phone Number: Here, tap on the Red Minus sign and remove that number.

Axel F.

Jan 28, 2023 8:40 AM in response to aurelia72

Deregister iMessage online

If you don't have access to your iPhone, you can 👉 deregister iMessage online. After you complete deregistration, your phone number is removed from iMessage services. You should be able to receive text messages right away but it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.

If someone sends an iMessage to your Apple ID, you'll get it on your other Apple devices. If someone sends a text to your phone number, you'll get the message as an SMS/MMS only on your phone.

Axel F.

How can I deregister an old phone number from my account if I don’t have access to that number anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.