You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac OS Sierra.

I have a 2011 Mac macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Can I update it any more? Please send me an Update if possible or what do I need to do? thank you!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:52 AM

You can upgrade it to High Sierra but not beyond that. See the following from Identify your iMac model - Apple Support

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Part Number: MC309xx/A, MC812xx/A

Latest compatible operating system: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

See instructions in: How to download macOS - Apple Support

You should also use the current version of a 3rd party browser such as Chrome or Firefox since you will not be able to use the current version of Safari with High Sierra.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2023 9:52 AM in response to CoachPinkston

You can upgrade it to High Sierra but not beyond that. See the following from Identify your iMac model - Apple Support

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Part Number: MC309xx/A, MC812xx/A

Latest compatible operating system: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

See instructions in: How to download macOS - Apple Support

You should also use the current version of a 3rd party browser such as Chrome or Firefox since you will not be able to use the current version of Safari with High Sierra.

I have a Mac OS Sierra.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.