You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing cursor in Pages when you don't have mouse

It frequently happens that I am unable to go up to the previous page in Pages without a Mouse because the cursor is missing on the side.

It happens in Facebook Messenger too. Never on iPhone only in Macbook Air. How to solve this issue? I wouldn't use a mouse otherwise.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 11:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 11:43 PM

Hi BB,

Not an issue that I've run into with my current MacBook Pro, or with the one before that. Not certain, but I think the current one has not yet had a mouse attached to it.

The trackpad in the space between you and the keyboard of your MacBook Air should provide all the services available from a mouse. See the TrackPad section of System Preferences for instruction on these features and how to use them.

Scrolling up to a previous page can be done with these actions:

• touch one finger to the pad, then slide it toward the right side of the page.

You should see a vertical cursor with splayed ends and a short horizontal line crossing the middle of the vertical line.

When you drag it out of the text area, the cursor should change to an arrow.

• Drag the arrow to the vertical bar at the right of the screen.
  • With the point of the arrow on the bar, use your thumb to press near a bottom corner of the pad, and with it pressed, use a finger to drag the bar upward to scroll toward the top of the document.
  • When you get to where you want to go, lift your hand to release the pad, and leave the page where you want it.

Regards,

Barry

PS: You can also scroll up and down the document using a two finger sweep to 'pull' the document in the direction you want it to go.

B.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2023 11:43 PM in response to BB5900

Hi BB,

Not an issue that I've run into with my current MacBook Pro, or with the one before that. Not certain, but I think the current one has not yet had a mouse attached to it.

The trackpad in the space between you and the keyboard of your MacBook Air should provide all the services available from a mouse. See the TrackPad section of System Preferences for instruction on these features and how to use them.

Scrolling up to a previous page can be done with these actions:

• touch one finger to the pad, then slide it toward the right side of the page.

You should see a vertical cursor with splayed ends and a short horizontal line crossing the middle of the vertical line.

When you drag it out of the text area, the cursor should change to an arrow.

• Drag the arrow to the vertical bar at the right of the screen.
  • With the point of the arrow on the bar, use your thumb to press near a bottom corner of the pad, and with it pressed, use a finger to drag the bar upward to scroll toward the top of the document.
  • When you get to where you want to go, lift your hand to release the pad, and leave the page where you want it.

Regards,

Barry

PS: You can also scroll up and down the document using a two finger sweep to 'pull' the document in the direction you want it to go.

B.

Missing cursor in Pages when you don't have mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.