You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

with the new 16.3 update iphone does not lock

With the new 16.3 update my iPhone 11 does not lock with Face ID or pin i try turning phone on n off I try resetting, try different times 30sec 1 min 2 min to no avail

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 9:02 AM

Thanks for reaching out Jvalle57,

We'd be happy to help with. your iPhone not locking.

Do you notice if this happens when you have a specific app or feature open? Try changing the passcode and check if the locking feature works correctly then:

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, use the side button to try locking your iPhone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Jvalle57

Thanks for reaching out Jvalle57,

We'd be happy to help with. your iPhone not locking.

Do you notice if this happens when you have a specific app or feature open? Try changing the passcode and check if the locking feature works correctly then:

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, use the side button to try locking your iPhone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Feb 1, 2023 8:01 AM in response to alma1090

Thank you for responding, Yes I have use the side still does not lock,I have reset the face ID I have reset my iPhone 11. The only time it shows Passcode Face ID is when iPhone is asleep for a couple hours ( I did try for 30 sec 1 min 2 min etc). Did change passcode still the same. Like I said this happen after 16.3 update. Probably Apple Store my next stop

with the new 16.3 update iphone does not lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.