You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing confusion

I have set up family sharing with my husband. I have checked all devices - ipad, mac and iphones. All working fine except my phone, which seems to think I am him! Historically we both ended up with two apple ids we have used family sharing to link them and use one payment method for all our purchases. However my phone shows my apple id, but I get messages to my husband and retained personal autofill information is all his. Can anyone explain, please? I have removed my id and signed in again. Same problem.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 11:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 2:52 PM

Hello DiggleA,

It sounds like somewhere on your iPhone some settings may have been altered to reflect your husbands information. There are a few places you can check to see about resolving the issue.

1. Check to make sure under Settings > [your name], that it shows your correct Apple ID. (It sounds like you already have, but just to be sure.)
  2. Since you mentioned that you get his messages, you may want to check the iMessage and FaceTime settings for your device. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and make sure both your telephone number and Apple ID are input there and both show a checkmark. If you need more help, check out this link: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support.
  3. Check your Siri settings to make sure your correct contact information is selected. You can do this by going to Settings > Siri & Search, and making sure that My Information shows your contact card information. If not, tap on it and select your correct contact card information from Contacts. See also: Tell Siri about yourself on iPhone - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2023 2:52 PM in response to DiggleA

Hello DiggleA,

It sounds like somewhere on your iPhone some settings may have been altered to reflect your husbands information. There are a few places you can check to see about resolving the issue.

1. Check to make sure under Settings > [your name], that it shows your correct Apple ID. (It sounds like you already have, but just to be sure.)
  2. Since you mentioned that you get his messages, you may want to check the iMessage and FaceTime settings for your device. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and make sure both your telephone number and Apple ID are input there and both show a checkmark. If you need more help, check out this link: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support.
  3. Check your Siri settings to make sure your correct contact information is selected. You can do this by going to Settings > Siri & Search, and making sure that My Information shows your contact card information. If not, tap on it and select your correct contact card information from Contacts. See also: Tell Siri about yourself on iPhone - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

family sharing confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.