You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fingerprint Reader

My new 24" Mac has just updated to Ventura 13.2. Fingerprint reader was not working so I deleted all finger prints and tried to put them back in. System froze. Restarted Mac Finger Print scanner is now missing from the System Settings sidebar. How do I get it back?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 7:21 AM

For Apple Silicon M1 iMac ( Desktop ) with Touch ID Apple Keyboard

refer to link below about the Apple Touch ID Keyboard

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad for Mac models with Apple silicon - US English - Black Keys - Apple (CA)

1 - Cable the Keyboard to computer with the supplied Apple Cable that came with the Keyboard and try again

2 - ( Un-cabled to computer ) Turn Off the Keyboard and pause 10 seconds and turn it Back On and try again.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2023 7:21 AM in response to 9191rogerm

For Apple Silicon M1 iMac ( Desktop ) with Touch ID Apple Keyboard

refer to link below about the Apple Touch ID Keyboard

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad for Mac models with Apple silicon - US English - Black Keys - Apple (CA)

1 - Cable the Keyboard to computer with the supplied Apple Cable that came with the Keyboard and try again

2 - ( Un-cabled to computer ) Turn Off the Keyboard and pause 10 seconds and turn it Back On and try again.

Jan 31, 2023 6:29 AM in response to 9191rogerm

9191rogerm wrote:

My new 24" Mac has just updated to Ventura 13.2. Fingerprint reader was not working so I deleted all finger prints and tried to put them back in. System froze. Restarted Mac Finger Print scanner is now missing from the System Settings sidebar. How do I get it back?

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test, reboot as normal and test.

No resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Fingerprint Reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.