You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone does not show recently deleted when I select edit in messages

Why doesn’t my phone show “recover deleted message” or recently deleted when I select edit on conversation page

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 11:43 AM

The answers are all in the support document linked above your name, but you have to dig for them. 3 Reasons why you don't see "Recently Deleted".......

1) You have not installed iOS 16 on the phone

2) You have installed iOS 16 on the phone, but the messages were deleted before iOS 16 was installed

3) You installed iOS 16 on the phone, and deleted messages after iOS 16 was installed, but it has been more than 30 days since the messages were deleted

"Recently Deleted" will not even show up unless......

1) iOS 16 is installed on the phone

2) Messages were deleted.....after....iOS 16 was installed

3) The messages were deleted less than 30 days ago

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Mcoburn1986

The answers are all in the support document linked above your name, but you have to dig for them. 3 Reasons why you don't see "Recently Deleted".......

1) You have not installed iOS 16 on the phone

2) You have installed iOS 16 on the phone, but the messages were deleted before iOS 16 was installed

3) You installed iOS 16 on the phone, and deleted messages after iOS 16 was installed, but it has been more than 30 days since the messages were deleted

"Recently Deleted" will not even show up unless......

1) iOS 16 is installed on the phone

2) Messages were deleted.....after....iOS 16 was installed

3) The messages were deleted less than 30 days ago

My phone does not show recently deleted when I select edit in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.