You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete old email from apple id

I purchased a new iPhone, and now my Apple store account, and some apps, are requesting/using an old email that I haven’t used in years. I have a new email associated with my Apple ID, but I don’t want to activate the old one. How do I delete it from my Apple ID?

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 9:32 AM

Did you just change the email address on an same account, or did you create a brand new account with the new email address? If the latter then anything purchased with the old account will need for you to be logged in with that account in order to redownload or update the item. Delete the item entirely from your device and then download it using your new account. Either that or set up Family Sharing with the two accounts.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2023 9:32 AM in response to Inspiredhelp

Did you just change the email address on an same account, or did you create a brand new account with the new email address? If the latter then anything purchased with the old account will need for you to be logged in with that account in order to redownload or update the item. Delete the item entirely from your device and then download it using your new account. Either that or set up Family Sharing with the two accounts.

How to delete old email from apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.