You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple lMail 9.3: icon in list of messages

In Mail 9.3 (Capitan, 10.11.6), I've got an icon in the list of messages that I haven't seen before: it's a green box with a check mark. This is a newly set-up IMAP account. Can anyone tell me what this icon means? Any hotlink to a list of icons will be welcome (if possible).

(I wouldn't think this matters, but ... This is email to a custom domain, going through Network Solutions servers.)

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 9:09 AM

7 replies

Feb 2, 2023 6:59 PM in response to BDAqua

Thank you so much, but this could be a false alarm. I'm struggling with spam on multiple devices, and I just noticed that the very same sender turned up in my Windows-Thunderbird with a check mark. It's not green but it does look like the sender is making a small image appear in the message list and the subject line of the opened message. I've stared as the message source--just out of idle curiosity--but I don't see how. Not very critical. If you have anything to add, I will be very attentive and appreciative, but if not I'll understand.

Apple lMail 9.3: icon in list of messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.