You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drainage

Hi, To whosoever it may concern. I am facing an issue of my battery draining fast in my iPhone 14 pro max since I had updated to iOS 16.3. It was good until I had updated so I would like some suggestions for this. Thank you

iPhone 14 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 9:34 AM

How old is the iPhone 14?

On average, Battery Health / Maximum Capacity will decline about 1% a month. That is an average though. The battery might not decline at all for a few months, then drop 2-3% the next month. This is normal.

So if your iPhone 14 is 6 months old, the Max Capacity should be at about 94%. After 12 months, it will be at about 88-90%. Expect to replace the battery at about 2 years, or about 24 months from the purchase date.

If the battery drops to less than 80% Max Capacity and the iPhone is covered by AppleCare, Apple will replace the battery at no charge.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2023 9:34 AM in response to ALIDHARANI31

How old is the iPhone 14?

On average, Battery Health / Maximum Capacity will decline about 1% a month. That is an average though. The battery might not decline at all for a few months, then drop 2-3% the next month. This is normal.

So if your iPhone 14 is 6 months old, the Max Capacity should be at about 94%. After 12 months, it will be at about 88-90%. Expect to replace the battery at about 2 years, or about 24 months from the purchase date.

If the battery drops to less than 80% Max Capacity and the iPhone is covered by AppleCare, Apple will replace the battery at no charge.

Battery drainage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.