You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Refurbished IPad

Anyone with real world user experience with Apple refurbished iPads? Trying to save a few bucks but wondering if it is a fools folly?

Thanks

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 10:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 10:15 AM

I’ve purchased quite a few items from Apple’s refurbished store over the years.

Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

Note that the link above is the only real source for devices refurbished by Apple.

I’ve never had an issue with any of them. They come with a full 1 year warranty and are eligible for Apple Care just like brand new products.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2023 10:15 AM in response to cbrussell18

I’ve purchased quite a few items from Apple’s refurbished store over the years.

Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

Note that the link above is the only real source for devices refurbished by Apple.

I’ve never had an issue with any of them. They come with a full 1 year warranty and are eligible for Apple Care just like brand new products.

Feb 3, 2023 10:10 AM in response to cbrussell18

Refurbished devices purchased from Apple will have been through Apple’s own renewal process - and will be supplied with a new battery, casing and limited warranty. If instead purchased from elsewhere, you do not have any assurance that the device has been through Apple’s rigorous processes.

A “new” device is supplied with benefit of at least a full year’s warranty - in some regions/countries (such as EU member states) two years or longer.

Only you can decide if the cost-saving is worthwhile, only you can decide.

Apple Refurbished IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.