You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icons on toolbar

I have 10 icons on the third lowest top toolbar (for amazon, booking.com, pinterest, 2 for aol, Google Chrome, and others) of my MacBook Air and I cannot figure out how they got there or (more important) how to get rid of them. They're not bookmarks, favorites, frequently visited sites (altho they are all sites that I have visited at some point), or identified on ANY of the "toolbar" searches I have tried. When I click on them, the screen immediately opens on the site. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 1:15 PM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2023 12:56 PM in response to opierosenfeld

opierosenfeld wrote:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

you're welcome. :)

Dragging the icons to the right and then x-ing them worked! How did they get there in the first place? Was I inadvertently "pinning" them?

since you were unsure what they even were, I would say, yes, you inadvertently pinned them. ;)

for your future use, please see Pin frequently visited websites in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

icons on toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.