You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos on iPhones

My husband and I accidentally clicked on the 'iCloud Photos' switch so all of our photos are merged onto each others phones. I am backing up our phones to the cloud regularly and have our pics downloaded on my Mac. When I try to turn off iCloud photos, it won't let me 'download photos & videos' (which I already did). But when I choose 'remove from iPhone', I get a message that 6000+ pics will be removed from the phone. How do I get our own photos back to our devices and stop the pics from going on each other's phone?

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 2:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 3:00 PM

That would only happen if you are using the same Apple ID, which is decidedly not recommended.

See this post for guidance: how can I split one apple id into two - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud photos on iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.