You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification codes

I have a new iPhone 14 and a new carrier. Now I’m not able to receive verification codes. How can I fix this?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 4:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 5:20 PM

Thanks for replying.

Those then would be SMS messages delivered by your carrier.

Check Settings -> Messages to ensure that “Filter Unknown Senders” is NOT “on.”

Are you receiving SMS “green bubble” messages from android users?

If not, contact your carrier to ensure that SMS/MMS is properly provisioned on your SIM/eSIM.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2023 5:20 PM in response to winifred83

Thanks for replying.

Those then would be SMS messages delivered by your carrier.

Check Settings -> Messages to ensure that “Filter Unknown Senders” is NOT “on.”

Are you receiving SMS “green bubble” messages from android users?

If not, contact your carrier to ensure that SMS/MMS is properly provisioned on your SIM/eSIM.

Feb 4, 2023 6:18 PM in response to winifred83

winifred83 Said:

"Verification codes: I have a new iPhone 14 and a new carrier. Now I’m not able to receive verification codes. How can I fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting Two-Factor Authentication:

For Apple: What code do you refer to? If you are referring to Apple's Two-Factor Authentication, then remove, and then add this back as a Trusted Device: Manage Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID from iPad - Apple Support

Verification codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.