You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print even pages only

I'm printing a book and am using double sided paper. I've printed "odd pages only" with no problem but cannot print "even pages only," which means that I have to print the even pages one by one. Not good. HELP!!!!

Mac Studio, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 10:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 11:29 PM

Hi dechilito

Welcome to the Apple *user-to-user) Community.

Apple support have an article online that may be helpful.

Print pages in normal order, reverse order, or as odd or even pages on Mac – Apple Support

Else:

Wondering which app you are printing from.

Eg: Print a document or envelope in Pages on Mac – Apple Support

Says:

Specify print options:

• Eg: "Print a range: Click the Pages pop-up menu, select Range, then enter the beginning and ending page numbers of the range".

and

"For more printing options: 

Click Show Details,

then use the printing controls to:

change layout, paper handling, paper feed options and more"

If needed:

Might need to check your particular printer's manual ...

... maybe online at the manufacturer's website, if not stored on your Mac.

More Support:

Mac Studio - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2023 11:29 PM in response to dechilito

Hi dechilito

Welcome to the Apple *user-to-user) Community.

Apple support have an article online that may be helpful.

Print pages in normal order, reverse order, or as odd or even pages on Mac – Apple Support

Else:

Wondering which app you are printing from.

Eg: Print a document or envelope in Pages on Mac – Apple Support

Says:

Specify print options:

• Eg: "Print a range: Click the Pages pop-up menu, select Range, then enter the beginning and ending page numbers of the range".

and

"For more printing options: 

Click Show Details,

then use the printing controls to:

change layout, paper handling, paper feed options and more"

If needed:

Might need to check your particular printer's manual ...

... maybe online at the manufacturer's website, if not stored on your Mac.

More Support:

Mac Studio - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Feb 5, 2023 2:37 PM in response to dechilito

Mmmm... an idea springs to mind:

to temporarily delete a page ... making all the even numbers appear as odd while printing, ... ah .. but I guess it's unworkable as Pages page numbers would automatically change too .. printed book pages would likely appear numbered incorrectly ... oops!

Very grateful to VikingOSX for joining the discussion, and sharing valuable expertise!

If it's a bug, it's a good idea to send feedback to Apple:

Although it won't assist with this book's printing, it may help effect change in getting Pages to print the even numbered pages via a future Pages update.

Feedback - Pages - Apple

Feb 5, 2023 5:12 AM in response to dechilito

Open the print panel for your present document. Click the Selection button in the Pages section on that panel. This places a highlight color (in my case blue) button on the Page n of m badge at the bottom of each thumbnail page in the panel. Click on that button on each of the odd pages to disable them, and you will see 2, 4, etc appear adjacent to the Selection.

Otherwise, Apple's Preview application does not offer an even/odd page selection other than I have shown here for PDFs, but Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, when choosing its print tool from its toolbar, offers a selector under its Pages to Print section that allows one to select all, odd, or even pages to print.

Feb 5, 2023 10:00 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for your answer. I saw that work around but the book I'm printing is over 400 pages long, which makes this unworkable. Also, I'm printing as I go along with reviewing the text and pictures, so doing this every time would not be very practical. In the "paper handling" menu there is an option to select "odd pages," "even pages" or "all pages." The problem is that selecting "even pages" is ignored and only "odd pages" are printed.

Can't print even pages only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.