You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find airdrop on my mac

Can't find airdrop on my mac?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 4:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 12:50 PM

On Macs running OS X 10.7 and greater, AirDrop is available in the Finder window sidebar.[10] On Macs running OS X 10.8.1 or later, it can also be accessed through the menu option Go → AirDrop or by pressing ⇧ Shift+⌘ Cmd+R.

AirDrop must be selected in a Finder window sidebar to be able to transfer files. Furthermore, files are not automatically accepted, but instead give a prompt asking to receive or decline the file sent.

Finder Preferences>Sidebar, is Airdroo checked there?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2023 12:50 PM in response to Jon Markle

On Macs running OS X 10.7 and greater, AirDrop is available in the Finder window sidebar.[10] On Macs running OS X 10.8.1 or later, it can also be accessed through the menu option Go → AirDrop or by pressing ⇧ Shift+⌘ Cmd+R.

AirDrop must be selected in a Finder window sidebar to be able to transfer files. Furthermore, files are not automatically accepted, but instead give a prompt asking to receive or decline the file sent.

Finder Preferences>Sidebar, is Airdroo checked there?

Can't find airdrop on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.