You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Family Sharing be set up without an Apple Device? I have an AppleID and an Apple TV account, but no Apple device.

Can Family Sharing be set up without an Apple Device? I have an AppleID and an Apple TV account, but no Apple device.

UNU7090,

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 6:40 AM

Set up Family Sharing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

"Activate Family Sharing

You can’t activate Family Sharing directly in the Apple TV app. You must set up Family Sharing on a Mac, iOS, or iPadOS device.

To activate Family Sharing in the Apple TV app TV app, follow the steps in the Apple Support article Set up Family Sharing [ Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support ]."

And:

To learn how to set up Family Sharing, read this support article --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

- Only lists doing this on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2023 6:40 AM in response to GrahamBriggs

Set up Family Sharing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

"Activate Family Sharing

You can’t activate Family Sharing directly in the Apple TV app. You must set up Family Sharing on a Mac, iOS, or iPadOS device.

To activate Family Sharing in the Apple TV app TV app, follow the steps in the Apple Support article Set up Family Sharing [ Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support ]."

And:

To learn how to set up Family Sharing, read this support article --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

- Only lists doing this on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.

Feb 6, 2023 6:43 AM in response to Limnos

Just in case you are one of those people who actually read Apple's documentation (which I am guessing some people reviewing this may not) you may wish to note this somewhat confusing statement from: Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

which says:

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.