You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cells stop being centered once they get tight vertically and header will not allow option + enter to go a line down

Hello,

1. I'm looking to get rid of the dead space above my text. I have centered the text both vertically and horizontally but it always stops centering toward the top when I shrink the cells vertically. Trying to optimize the amount of cells but if I go any tighter it cuts off the text like in this view. Is there somewhere that I can set a value to get rid of this extra space above the text?

2. The header of a document doesn't allow for you to go a line down inside itself. Is there a way to do like in the regular cells (option + enter). Otherwise I have to just put in a bunch of spaces manually to allow for this, seems somewhat wasteful.

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 6:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 7:18 AM

1- Reduce Text Inset here:

2 - Not sure what you mean by 'header of a document'

SG

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 6, 2023 5:14 PM in response to wareagle1999

You probably want to keep table names relatively short. Table names are used in cell references when a cell reference is to a different table. Long names make for long formulas.

Example:

=This is a long name for a table and it makes formulas hard to read::B2÷This is a long name for a table and it makes formulas hard to read::B3

versus

=Table 3::B2÷Table 3::B3

This is the same reason I turn off the Numbers preference "use header names as labels"

Cells stop being centered once they get tight vertically and header will not allow option + enter to go a line down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.