You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge iPhone contacts on different accounts to iCloud

New contacts on my iPhone are not syncing to my other apple devices (MacBook/iMac). I figured out that my Default Account on my iPhone in Setting > Contacts > Default Account was set to my gmail, not my iCloud. Now that it's set to iCloud, any new contacts I add are synced to my iMac/Macbook. However, there are hundreds of contacts on my iPhone which are associated to my gmail account, not iCloud. How do I do one of the two things?

1. Sync all contacts on my iPhone to the iCloud Account (preferred method)
  2. Add gmail contact account to my iMac/Macbook

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 12:00 PM

Using your computer:

1. Make a vCard of your Gmail contacts. See Google’s export steps at https://support.google.com/contacts/answer/7199294?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
  2. Import that vCard to your iCloud account following Import or export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Merge iPhone contacts on different accounts to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.