You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewsonic VA2252Sm Monitor and 2023 Mac Mini M2

I have a new 2023 M2 Mac Mini and my 2 yr old Viewsonic monitor VA2252Sm will not come in clear. It is set to the recommended 1920 x 1080 but it is still out of whack. I Had DVI to DVI/HDMI adapter that worked perfectly with my 2014 Mac Mini, but alas not on my 2023, then I tried a new DVI cable and new DVI/HDMI adapter-no go, then purchased a DVI/HDMI adapter for monitor and new HDMI cable-no go. Nothing works. And there are no monitor software updates or firmware updates for a Mac only for Windows. Do you think a DP to USB-C or DP to HDMI would do the trick? My monitor does not have an HDMI port. Only VGA, DVI or DP. Help!

I'm wondering if I just received a bad DVI/HDMI adapter and should take it back for exchange? It received good reviews with no issues so I bought it.

Mac mini (2023 with M2)

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 5:26 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 6, 2023 5:43 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you for your quick reply. My HDMI cable is brand new and has gold ends. My other new one has silver ends. Neither did the trick which is why I'm thinking the DVI/HDMI adapter plugged into my monitor is bad OR the DVI port is bad. I'll order the DP/USB-C cable in your link and see if that works. Fingers crossed. I shouldn't have to buy a new monitor. Thanks again for your suggestion and I'll ck back in when I get the cable. Have a good evening.

Feb 6, 2023 7:17 PM in response to Bemoe

You’re welcome.

Yea’ not all HDMI to DVI adapters are created equal.

I have a couple of the old Apple HDMI to DVI adapters that came with older 2010 thru 2012 Mac mini’s and they work OK with my 2018 Intel and new Silicon Mac mini’s in a pinch. I’m in the process of slowly replacing all of those older DVI/VGA monitors with more modern Displays.

Viewsonic VA2252Sm Monitor and 2023 Mac Mini M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.