You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac OS Monterey cannot be opened from a newer vs of mac OS

Install macOS Monterey“ cannot be opened from a newer version of macOS. For more information, visit Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

The current vs I am using is Ventura 13.2 on my iMac 27 in 2019. the update prompt stays on my desk top but isn't Ventura newer than Monterey. help please

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 4:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 7:16 AM

hstrater wrote:

Install macOS Monterey“ cannot be opened from a newer version of macOS. For more information, visit Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support
The current vs I am using is Ventura 13.2 on my iMac 27 in 2019. the update prompt stays on my desk top but isn't Ventura newer than Monterey. help please

Be "opened" for what reason?

You can not go backwards if that is what you are attempting(?)

— without erasing/reformatting/initializing the drive as new

you can mount the Installer and use the DiskUtility there to proceed...

Option boot to select the start up manager

ref:

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 7:16 AM in response to hstrater

hstrater wrote:

Be "opened" for what reason?

You can not go backwards if that is what you are attempting(?)

— without erasing/reformatting/initializing the drive as new

you can mount the Installer and use the DiskUtility there to proceed...

Option boot to select the start up manager

ref:

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

mac OS Monterey cannot be opened from a newer vs of mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.