You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Perpetual vertical calendar

Hi! For my personal use, I have to write a perpetual vertical calendar to calculate monthly working hours with numbers.

I used the CONCATENATE function to connect the data (month/year) of the drop-down menu, but it works only for january of all the years, not for other months, so this isn't the right way.

Do you have any ideas to help me?

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:26 AM

You can try something like this:

Formula in A3 of the virtual perpetual calculator:

=Mese e anno::A4

Formula in A4, filled down:

A3+1

Formula in B3, filled down:

=NOME.GIORNO(GIORNO.SETTIMANA(A3;1))& " " & GIORNO($A3)

The other tables do the same thing, with a slightly different look. One leaves days in the following month gray, another tries to show just blanks.

The document is here (Dropbox download).

As with the Calendar template, hide the extra rows and columns in the Month and Year table when it's all working to satisfaction.

To see the formulas in English just go to File > Advanced > Language & Region ...

SG

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 9:26 AM in response to FranzDB

You can try something like this:

Formula in A3 of the virtual perpetual calculator:

=Mese e anno::A4

Formula in A4, filled down:

A3+1

Formula in B3, filled down:

=NOME.GIORNO(GIORNO.SETTIMANA(A3;1))& " " & GIORNO($A3)

The other tables do the same thing, with a slightly different look. One leaves days in the following month gray, another tries to show just blanks.

The document is here (Dropbox download).

As with the Calendar template, hide the extra rows and columns in the Month and Year table when it's all working to satisfaction.

To see the formulas in English just go to File > Advanced > Language & Region ...

SG

Feb 7, 2023 9:35 AM in response to FranzDB

to create a date/time you can use the function DATE().

I suggest you enter the month number (rather than the name). Assuming you do this, you may follow the steps below.

Also... I live in the US where the decimal separator is the period ('.') and the thousand separator is the comma (','). I notice you are in Europe and the formulas you posted use the semicolon as the argument separator. replace the commas you see in my formulas with the semicolon.

the function DATE() takes threes arguments as follows:

DATE(YYYY, MM, DD)

you'll need to replace DATE with the word in Italian (I think)

for cell B3 you can use this formula as follows:

=DATE("Mese e anno"::$A$2, "Mese e anno"::$A$1, A3)

shorthand for this is:

B3=DATE("Mese e anno"::$A$2, "Mese e anno"::$A$1, A3)

select cel C3, copy select cells C3 thru the end of the column, paste

Perpetual vertical calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.