You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it ok to replace your iphone battery with other iphone battery?

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 8:09 PM

iPhone batteries and installation are not designed to be serviced by the user. It requires special tools and skill to replace an iPhone battery. My recommendation is that you get your iPhone’s battery replaced at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

To answer your question, If you have the necessary tools and the skill level to replace an iPhone battery, then you can replace it from an iPhone to another iPhone. The most important thing is to ENSURE that the battery is coming out of the same model iPhone. The other thing is to ensure tha the battery health of the donor iPhone is in excellent shape or you will be transferring a bad battery.

NOTE: I have never replaced an iPhone battery myself. I have always had batteries (for iPhones) replaced at the Apple Store.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 8:09 PM in response to jeanyrose

iPhone batteries and installation are not designed to be serviced by the user. It requires special tools and skill to replace an iPhone battery. My recommendation is that you get your iPhone’s battery replaced at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

To answer your question, If you have the necessary tools and the skill level to replace an iPhone battery, then you can replace it from an iPhone to another iPhone. The most important thing is to ENSURE that the battery is coming out of the same model iPhone. The other thing is to ensure tha the battery health of the donor iPhone is in excellent shape or you will be transferring a bad battery.

NOTE: I have never replaced an iPhone battery myself. I have always had batteries (for iPhones) replaced at the Apple Store.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.