You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sidecar issues

I use a MacBook Pro Apple M1 Pro, running on mac OS Monterey 12.6.3.

I have problems using SIDECAR (with iPad Pro 2021 lastet iOs).

Before the OS update it was fine.

But now, the devices connect well but after a few minutes I always loose connection.

On both devices I run the same WLAN, handsoff ist activated.

I don't know what else to do???

Help highly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 12:30 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 9, 2023 2:24 PM in response to Chris_dust

Hello Chris_dust,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help you get the most from Sidecar with your devices.

Check here to help isolate the source of the issue:

"Get ready

• Before continuing, make sure that your Mac and iPad meet the Sidecar system requirements, including that each is signed with the same Apple ID.
  • You can use Sidecar wirelessly, but to keep your iPad charged during use, connect it directly to your Mac with the USB charge cable that came with your iPad."

Then verify yoru settings:

"Change settings

To find Sidecar settings:

• macOS Ventura or later: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click Displays in the sidebar, then click your iPad at the top of the window.
  • macOS Monterey: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays. Click Display Settings, then click your iPad in the sidebar.
  • Earlier versions of macOS: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Sidecar.

These settings are available only on computers that support Sidecar:

• Show Sidebar: Show the sidebar on the left or right side of your iPad screen, or turn it off.
  • Show Touch Bar: Show the Touch Bar on the bottom or top of your iPad screen, or turn it off.
  • Enable double tap on Apple Pencil: Allow apps that support this feature to perform custom actions when you double-tap on the side of your Apple Pencil (2nd generation)."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

If the issue continues, do you see any error messages when the issue happens? Does a normal restart of both devices have any impact? We hope this helps.

Cheers!

sidecar issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.